The Information Systems Security Association (ISSA) is a not-for-profit international organization of information security professionals and practitioners. It provides education forums, publications and peer interaction opportunities that enhance the knowledge, skill and professional growth of its members. The primary goal of ISSA is to promote management practices that will ensure availability, integrity and confidentiality of organizational resources. For more information, please visit ISSA.org
The Chicago Chapter of the ISSA has a mission to offer a stimulating combination of discussion forums, hands-on learning, CISSP certification training, conferences, and other events which are designed to enhance understanding and awareness of information security issues for information security professionals.
Monthly meetings, quarterly special events, the ISSA Journal, and subsidies for security training are highlights of Chapter membership. The Chicago Chapter serves members in the greater Chicago area. For a list of other ISSA local Chapters, see the local chapter listing.
The International ISSA headquarters are located in Portland Oregon. Information about the ISSA International board may be found here.
- Valeri Baldwin – President, Vendor Sponsorship
- Gregg Friedman – Vice President
- Rob Sindelar – Communications Director
- Christopher Wiksten – Meetings Director
- Robert Wagner – Membership
- Monique Tripp – Operations Director
- Joann Davis – Program Director
- John Jones – Social Media Officer
- Mark Swiecicki – Treasurer
- Steven McGrath – Web Developer
- Dan Drees – Student Initiative Co-chair
- Steve Riess – Student Initiative Co-chair